Who loves home-made gravy just like Mum always makes?
Well here is the recipe for making my Mum’s gravy
- Drain the fat from the roasting tin after you have finished cooking your chosen roast joint.
- Leave 30ml (2 tbsp) of the fat & juices in the roasting tin.
- Add 30ml (2 level tbsp) of flour & mix well with the fat & juices to make a rich paste. Make sure you mix in all of the crispy bits from the roast as this will add to the taste & flavour of your gravy.
- Now crumble in stock cubes (flavour of your choice) to the paste & again mix well. Dependent on how much gravy you are making depends upon how many stock cubes you use – a stock cube normally makes about 190ml of stock.
- Drain the water used to boil the vegetables into the roasting tin to make the amount of gravy you want. Mix well & cook on the hob for about 2-3 minutes.
- Season well with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately & enjoy.
- If the gravy is to weak & runny mix some cornflower & water in a mixing bowl & add to the gravy whilst cooking.
- If the gravy is too thick add some more water.